Wednesday 12 October 2011

overview on english studies


What I have learnt in English Studies for these few weeks.



In these few weeks of learning the subject of EST, i have learnt a few things about literature.

I have learnt many new things in literature that is personification, oxymoron, paradox, and many other more. I have to admit that before i really do not have any knowledge on literature. So when we start this class for first time, i really worried that i cannot catch up with what Mr Camillus's lecture. But so far thank heaven that i can catch up with Mr Cammilus even is it a little (well consider that this class is 5 hours in a week and so many things that have to be catch up in other subject).

In this class also for the first time i learn to really analysis literature pieces like Lamb To The Slaughter and Ballad Of Birmingham. Before i just read and write down everything that i read but now I learnt to really read the literature pieces (I meant really read…) that I start to search for more information on the literature pieces that I read so I can comprehend more on the pieces. There are many of the pieces that I really do not understand and go into the pieces itself such as Birthday and The Chrysanthemums while for poem, The Three Berserah Fisherman, Africa and Do Not Go Gentle In That Goodnight. I guess maybe it is because my classmate the one that present the pieces and some of them really do not gave much input on us.

For now I still confuse about the poem rhyme, it is differ from what I have learnt during my secondary school. But in the mean time I guess that I will learn about it more although it might take quite a time.

Thank you.



Gloria 12/10/2011 8.02

No comments:

Post a Comment