Wednesday 17 August 2011

interview with "she" : the disappear wife


NAME : CATHERINE JANET ANAK TIWI
COURSE : ENGLISH STUDY
DATE : 16/8/2011, TUESDAY (TIME : 0815 – 0915)
TASK : INTERVIEW WITH THE DISSAPEAR WIFE

>> I DON’T LOVE HIM, I LIKE HIM BUT I LEAVE HIM! <<

“I leave him because he is not as nice as what is described. I don’t think I fully love him. At first, I think it shall be okay as time go by. Even though in the first part, I hesitate to take me into my life. I cannot feel my true love for him. But as he wants me to be his bride, I have to. In addition, it is not good to reject him as he looks sincere towards me and he wills to fly all the way to see me.

It happens smoothly at first part of our marriage, but it turns out every day. One thing that makes me feel bad towards him is that he likes to force me to have intimate relationship with him. He doesn’t know, but I know! I don’t love him with all my heart and I feel it is harassment to force me doing what I feel not comfortable with.

The last way that I think of is to run away from him. Even though I have my little boy left, it does not change my mind. I think it is better and safer for him to be with his dad. I am a newcomer at America so I don’t know a lot about this place. I don’t feel confident about my plan but I have to go on. I need freedom! I took all the jewelleries that he gave me during our wedding. I sold them and with the money I travelled to New York and there I met a mid-age lady. She was a widow actually. She offered me to work at her boutique. More than that, she invited me to stay with her as she lived alone after her only daughter got married. There we lived like a mother and a daughter. She treated me nicely. When she saw the advertisement that my husband posted on the paper, she advised me to return to him but I refused. I told her the whole things. What a surprised! She had been in my shoes! So, she decided to agree and let me stay with her.

And now, as I was found, I want to say that I really miss my son. I miss to be with him like what we used to last time. I still remember my husband, but just remember. Not more than that. I know that he is still my husband even though it is just stated on a paper. I am thinking on asking him to divorce me. My son will be with him but I must have a time to be with him also. I am independent now and I feel I am strong enough to be in this society. I had told my family about our situation. “Choose the best for your life,” they said. For this meanwhile, I will spend my time here before thinking of going back to my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment